Saturday, October 1, 2011

Judging Me

To My Dear Readers,

I have a new book soon to be published called, "Judging Me." This book has nothing to do with the fact that I was a federal civil rights judge as it has to do with a child raised in poverty, who was violently sexually abused and became a federal civil rights judge. It is more about overcoming adversity and is addressed to those people who are disillusioned, dispossessed, and disenfranchised. Everyone has a story to tell if others would only listen. In the beginning, the story is dark and depraved but ultimately like the critics have said, "It is truly the most inspirational." As I frequently, state, "If I can take the debris of my life and fashion it in such a way that I help one other person, than what happened to me was worthwhile." I hope that you too will find that it is a breath of hope for those who have no hope. When I convey the brutalities and cruelties it would have been understandable that my life would have gone according to statistics and case studies. And, yet, it did not. "Why does a flower that grows through the crack of a sidewalk without purchase for a solid root base, through angry rains and careless people, turn out to be a miracle in its own right? It is about choices, life enhancing or life diminishing. Not one of us abdicates our right to choose, unless you are one of those people who decide life is not for the joy of becoming who and what you want to be but rather what those little houses of horror hone you to become - another monster. I beat the odds and so shall you, my reader. My name is Mary Elizabeth and this is my journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment